In March 2023, I cold-emailed the CEO of my favorite startup. I thanked him for his work and then pitched ways I could help grow the company.
3 months later, I was hired as a growth marketing intern. Since then, I’ve helped and observed Tyler Denk and the beehiiv team raise a $12.5M series A, grow to 150k+ users, and reach $5M in ARR.
Before that cold email, I curated what I like to call a “portfolio of unique experiences online”. I grew multiple YouTube channels to 15k+ subscribers, grew an Instagram page to 120k+ followers then sold it, and created and marketed several digital products (all while balancing high school and sports).
Nowadays, I write essays on my personal blog and grow tech startups.
- Grew an Instagram page to 120k followers then sold it (1 exit? 🤔)
- Grew multiple YouTube music promotion channels (when I was 15)
- Wrote, published, and marketed the Instagram Playbook e-book
- Developed and marketed the Content Multiplication System course
- Grew and sold the Newsletter Nerd newsletter (2nd exit? 🤔)
- Content Strategist for Z Fellows - a startup activator that lowers friction to start a company.
- Growing Perch - a tech startup dedicated to helping experts share their knowledge with their audience
- Building the Startup Archive - a library of timeless wisdom from the world’s best founders and investors
Last updated 11/03/203
A weird hobby of mine: I collect questions like my friends collect sneakers.
Here are a few questions on my mind…
- Opportunity Cost - What am I saying no to by saying yes to this opportunity?
- Second-Order Effects - What are the second and third-order effects of this decision?
- Fluid Beliefs - What have I been wrong about lately?
- Alignment - Are the results I’m expecting aligned with the habits I am following each day?
- Presence - Is taking things so seriously improving my performance? How can today feel like play?
- Think Bigger - How can I complete my 2-year goal in the next 3 months?
- Positioning - How can I stack the odds in my favor?
See my full questions database here.